Here we go again, yet another project made from recycled library books! This time around I used my book pages to create earrings. I'll admit this is not an original idea, I saw it at a craft show this weekend and wanted to give it a go myself.
What you need:
- book pages
- decoupage glue
- hot glue gun
- earring bases
- dimensional magic glue
1. Trace around the bottlecap to measure the size of the book page you will need.
2. Glue the circle piece inside the bottlecap.
3. **optional: I used book pages w/ writing on them for the back of my earrings so you couldn't see the smirnoff logo
|back of the earring|
4. use a small amount of decoupage for a smooth finish on the back of the cap
5. once the decoupage glue dries flip the cap over and use the modge-podge dimensional magic inside. make sure there are no air bubbles. let the glue dry for atleast 24 hrs (it takes awhile and I always want to make sure it is plenty dry).
6. using hot glue, attach the earring piece to the back of the earring.
|dangly but not heavy|
the finished project!!