once I had a plan I went to Lowe's to get some spray-paint (I like Valspar) and then to Joann's to get a doily. I was ready to go!
- spray paint
- drop cloth (I learned my lesson after I turned my driveway multiple colors with previous projects)
1. after laying out the drop cloth, spray the chair with a coat of white spray paint for a base coat
2. once the white is dry, use your main color (mine was a lovely blue) and spray the chair.
3. I used a lace doily (a real one, about $4 from Joann's) to create the effect on the seat of the chair. while the chair was white I placed the doily on the seat and sprayed the blue paint over it. once dry, remove the doily and you have a lovely effect.
4. I finished with a clear coat of acrylic spray.
After a base coat of white spray paint
The finished product. the lighting's kind of crappy, sorry about that.
Up close shot of the seat. it's not super exciting but it's prettier than a solid color.