I found that every day at afternoon circle time we were always going through the same songs, day in, day out. So, I decided to find a way to make the song choosing more interactive for the kids. if I can create something that they want to do (ie. rolling the song cube) then I will have more of their attention. my husband had wooden cubes he was using as dice for students he works with, he had a few extra so I commandeered them for my purposes.
SONG CUBE STEP BY STEP PROCESS:
- 1x1 in. wooden cube (as many cubes as you desire)
|my pictures are ready to go!|
- decoupage glue, I used modge podge
- paintbrush for modge podge
1. PICTURES ON CUBES:
my for pictures I used clip art I found either on Microsoft Word, or images I pulled from the internet. once you've for your images in a Word document, use the sizing tools to make the picture 1x1 inch.
2. PRINT PICTURES, CUT THEM OUT
3. APPLY IMAGES TO CUBE using modge podge. I found that it works best to wait until the ink is completely dry, otherwise the images will smear
4. USE CUBES IN YOUR CLASSROOM!
have children take turns rolling the cube to choose a song!
|1x1 inch cube|
|FINISHED PRODUCT |
ALL DONE HERE!
SING YOUR HEART OUT!