- modge podge decoupage glue (glossy or matte, doesn't matter)
- brush (for decoupage glue)
- cut up book pages
- hot glue gun
- scissors/exacto-knife type blade
- 8 x 10 canvas panels
- Using the modge-podge glue randomly place the book pages on your canvas. While I try to be random about the placement, I still like to make sure that my colors are evenly spread out across the canvas. **For this project I used the book illustrations as my background instead of the words like I have used in my previous projects.
- Once the glue has completely dried I cut off any overhanging/excess paper from the canvas using my scissors and my exacto knife.
- To create the letters for the panels I drew the letters on regular cardstock paper. Once I had the size I wanted I glued the written book pages onto my cardstock base.
- After the glue dried, I trimmed off the excess paper from my cardstock letter. *to add an extra pop of color to your finished produced you can reglue your letter to a colorful piece of cardstock like I did w/ orange paper.
- I used hot glue to adhere the letters to the canvas .
- As a final touch for my project I put a final coat of the modge podge on top of each panel.
|A close-up of one of the letters. |
|Harry Potter and the creature from the Black Lagoon are keeping my letters company. |
VARIATIONS: I think this would be an awesome project for a kids room, spelling out their name would look so cool!!!