Thursday, May 9, 2013

Mother's Day Project

Last year I made an awesome project for Mother's Day, using a deck of cards I created the "52 Reasons Our Mom Is The Best" gift. I got the idea from a pin I'd pinned awhile ago on Pinterest. instead of a creating a lovey-dovey, sappy gift for a significant other that I don't have, I made a memorable gift my mom will (hopefully) treasure forever.

MATERIALS
- 1 deck of cards
- Glue
- Pictures/items for individual cards

STEPS
  1. Get a deck of cards. any cards will do, you can choose a plainer/typical card pattern or go for something fancy. my sister and collect decks of cards so we had quite a variety of cards to choose from. the cards I chose are from Prague (I think), there deck is not a typical deck in terms of Kings, Queens, Jacks and Aces, so it wouldn't be missed. and the design was cute.
  2. create a list of 52 things.  I didn't want to worry about handwriting mistakes so I typed all mine out in advance.  when I glued the items on I didn't completely cover the card, I liked the look of the cards in the background. Examples of cards: inside jokes, family photos, quotations, clippings from magazines that describe that person.
  3. glue items on cards leaving space for a hole to be punched in the corner.
  4. punch a hole in the same corner of each card, once finished put your cards in order and bind them together. I used a binder ring, ribbon or string would work too.
  5. make a cover for your book. I used one of the jokers.
  6. give to mom!
COVER OF BOOK

MY MOM LOVES ZUMBA.

I USED WORDS THAT DESCRIBE MY MOM

RETRO PICTURES OF YOU AND MOM ARE ALWAYS A WINNER.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment