Monday, February 27, 2012

Primadonna Pooch Barrette

I love dogs, they truly are man's best friend. Cute, fluffy and always happy to see you. I'm sure there are dogs out there that are well-behaved and obedient, but our dog (okay, okay, she's Lindsey's dog) is neither of those. Meet Ruby, a spoiled-rotten, badass, do-what-she-wants kind of dog. Rescued from a puppymill, Ruby has been in our lives for 3 ('best years of your life' says Ruby) years. We're not sure what breed she is exactly but we're pretty sure she's atleast half Shih-Tzu. The other half? I don't know... dragon? yeti? woolly mammoth?
Anyway, Ruby is waaaaaaay overdue to go to the groomer and her hair is driving me nuts because you can't see her cute little face. I decided to fix this by making her a sparkly, red barrette to match her namesake. To make it I used materials I already had: a silver barrette, red rhinestone thingys and hot glue. It's simple, I glued the rhinestones to the clip and voila! a cutesy barrette for your cutesy dog! I realize it's not the fanciest or best looking barrette out there but it does the job for Ruby.

**note: before I glued the rhinestones on I clipped the barrette onto a piece of cardboard so I wouldn't glue the barrette shut.

Back of barrette

the finished product.




yes, her collar says 'Princess'.


"woof, woof, woof! thanks for reading!"
- Ruby (and Leslie)

No comments:

Post a Comment